In order to move forward towards the Bishop’s vision of what Chanco can be (see previous post on our website), and following recommendations from the Episcopal Camp and Conference Center assessment of Chanco, the Board of Directors has implemented the following staff changes:
- A full time Executive Director (currently in search)
- A full time Chanco Administrative Coordinator (Stacey Richards)
- A Seasonal Camp Director (will recruit in early 2013)
- A full time Facilities and Property Keeper (Robbie Matthews)
- A full time Housekeeping Attendant (Shanna Matthews)
- Marketing and Development Contractor (Talley Banazek)
- Support staff as budgeted and necessary
Sadly, to implement this decision, it was necessary to eliminate the position of a year-round Camp Director. The off-season responsibilities will shift to the Executive Director, who will also conduct a search for a newly-created Seasonal Camp Director.
The Board of Directors would like to thank Jim Sitzler for his years of service to the camp program, and wishes him all the best in his future endeavors.
For additional information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
The Rev. Conor Alexander, President, Chanco Board of Directors