Through Your Support, Our Ministry is Possible
We appreciate all the support we have received from the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia, the parishes that use our facilities, donors who give generously, parents who provide scholarships or send their children to Camp Chanco, and all of the many volunteers who give us their time and talents to make Chanco successful.
The Chanco Board and staff have strengthened the management structure, solidified the budgeting process, increased marketing and with all these efforts and your generous support, Chanco will continue to be successful for many years to come. In fact, Chanco will thrive beyond our current success with your help.
Recent improvements include a major restoration of two conference lodging buildings, renovating the retreat house, a new regulation sized Ga-Ga pit and a tetherball court, an enlarged basketball court, concrete walkways for easier handicapped access, two new high ropes elements, repairs to multiple zip lines, and renovated the bath houses with epoxy flooring, marine grade paint and new commercial grade toilets. The Camp Chanco Alumni Association (CCAA), Annual Fund donors, Renovation Fund donors, the Family Capital Fee, the Change for Chanco youth fundraising program, and extensive volunteer efforts have made all of these improvements possible. Your donations also make our extensive scholarship funding possible. Thank you.
Help us keep this momentum going! Chanco’s staff and board want to continue to provide the best possible services, facilities, and programs for the many youth and adults who benefit from the ministry of Chanco on the James every year.
How can you help?
- Refer your church youth group, vestry, or parish family retreat to Chanco.
- Refer your (or a friend’s) organization, business, or school to Chanco for a retreat or business meeting. The ropes course if fantastic for team building!
- Send your child, grandchild, or a friend to Camp Chanco.
- Help financially support a child to attend summer camp who may otherwise not have the opportunity to attend.
- Volunteer to help Chanco during a work weekend (see “Latest News” section of this website, Chanco Chatter e-Newsletter, or our Facebook page for dates/more information).
- Volunteer to serve on a board committee or as a board member on the Chanco on the James Board of Directors.
- Volunteer to serve as a Chanco Parish Representative (CPR) dispensing Chanco information to your parish (contact Talley Banazek at email@example.com).
- Make a charitable gift to Chanco’s Annual Fund (Click here to make a gift to Chanco) – same link as above.
- Planned giving through your will/estate or by establishing and funding an endowed fund.
- See our wish list (link to wish list page) and donate much needed items.
If you have any questions about giving to Chanco, please contact the Marketing and Development Coordinator, Talley Banazek at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-7CHANCO (888-724-2626). Chanco’s top priority for giving this year is the Annual Fund. With your support, we can meet and even exceed our Annual Fund goal. YOU make Chanco’s ministry possible. YOU make the difference for Chanco, our diocese and our future. Thank you for your generous support.